Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The green planet...

"The day man will eat the last fish in the river, use the last bit of wind/solar/thermal power and chop the last tree on earth, he will realize that money cannot buy him life!"






Yesterday, June 5th 2012, was the World Environment Day.
This day is well-embedded in my memory as both my mom and my brother, are die hard environmentalists and self-proclaimed  naturalists. They both are passionate about cultivating nature and preserving the environment.
My father, on the other hand, was a silent admirer of mother nature and her beauties and bounties.
I, myself, am more like my father- aware of the multifarious environmental issues but guilty of not really actively participating in spreading the word. In my defense, I'm a pet person and an animal lover. I cannot tolerate animal abuse and torture. Even the ASPCA commercials on TV bring tears to my eyes.
I can, therefore, proudly say that I belong to a green family.


This green and blue maxi dress, I think, is the perfect way of paying tribute to my green planet.




                                                                          What I Am Wearing:
                                                            dress- Maurices    sandals- American Eagle Outfitters    sunnies- Steve Madden
                                                            watch and ear rings- Kohl's    bracelets- from India 

                                        Thanking you                                                                     Yours fashionably
                                                                                                                            Juneli 

15 comments:

  1. love the GOWN its just WOW feels so light :) keep in touch dear friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that maxi dress! The neckline details are gorgeous Juneli and I love your nails! You look great and similarly to you, I try to do what I can with preserving the environment. I recycle as much as I can. I hope you do get the gingham shirt, it's really comfortable and light...thinking to get another one. Wait..I can't..ahhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just great! Love how everything fitted in! Beautiful and playful print on your dress. :D
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses! :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous maxi dress, Juneli! I love that it already has the beading so there's no need for a necklace. That's great that you and your family believe in being green :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Maxi dress and your nails are so fun!

    <3 Denise
    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww¡¡¡ so nice dress¡¡ i follow you back dear¡¡ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The neckline details takes the dress from pretty to gorgeous. I'm more like you when it come to the preserving the environment . I try to recycle as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt is really nice ! ;)

    Would you like to follow each other? ;)

    http://defty-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tribute to the day and my god you look stunning! Such a gorgeous look on you! I'd love to wear a maxi dress, but I just feel like I can't pull it off. You certainly can though! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,
    I like the detail on the front of your dress. The earth stones are really add an exrra umph to your dress.
    Always,
    Tarah and the City

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another new thing to see on u..and as usual u luk stunning..lyk others i too agree loved ur nails too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone, for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete